Our teeth naturally yellow as we age, leaving some people with a smile that looks and feels unattractive to them.
Drinking coffee or soda, smoking, receiving too much fluoride, or the effects of certain medications can also cause discoloration of the teeth. Perhaps you have purchased an over-the-counter teeth whitening kit from a drugstore only to feel disappointed with the result. If so, consider Zoom! professional teeth whitening from Westcliff Family Dentistry instead.
What is Zoom! professional teeth whitening and how does it work?
Zoom! is the trade name of the teeth whitening kit that we use at Westcliff Family Dentistry. Here are the steps in the procedure:
- Your dentist pours gel containing hydrogen peroxide in upper and lower mouth trays and places them in your mouth.
- He/she shines a laser light on your teeth to activate the gel.
- You remain in the dental chair for up to one hour.
- The hydrogen peroxide breaks down and changes the enamel and dentin in your teeth a bright white color.
- He/she removes the trays and rinses the solution off your teeth.
Your teeth could be up to several times brighter by the end of the procedure. Results typically last for many months and you can repeat the process whenever you desire. If you’re ready to change your smile, call to request an appointment!
REQUEST YOUR APPOINTMENT TODAY!